LEHI 2.0

Back in good 'ol 2012, I told my friends at Lehi Jr. High School (for those of you who are unfamiliar with this establishement, it's in Lehi) that I would be transferring to Lone Peak High School the next year instead of Lehi High School (mainly because I didn't want to learn how to throw hay).
These are the things they told me about it:
1. Someone dies there almost every month.
2. The air has so much weed that everyone is practically Snoop Dogg (or Snoop Lion, but that's a stupid name).
3. Everyone has a BMW.
4. They're so rich that the parents put up the Walmart and the McDonalds across the street (because what else are you supposed to do with your money?)

Well, with these impressions in mind, I hung up my denim overalls and put my pitchfork in the corner of my garage and I pretended to be rich for the first few weeks.

I'll be honest, I was really not that surprised by what I saw. In my first few weeks I saw enough to assume that Lone Peak is just Lehi 2.0

FOR EXAMPLE

Noah Probst is just like my buddy Lloyd Evans. Super fun, but a little annoying (nothing against either of them, love them to death)
Lindsey Huish is like Jenna Adams, student council girl looking to be friends with as many as possible (but Lindsey is so much kinder, honestly)
Jenny Westwood is just like Danielle Ford, sympathetic pretty girl in a couple of my classes who laughs at my jokes and deals with my crap
Saunders is like LaBare, hilarious teacher (math vs science) who's practically running the school
Nelson is just like Knudsen, dope guy looking to share his wisdom in any way he can (except Nelson hasn't gotten kicked out of the school for hitting a kid....true story)

I expected to get offered pounds of weed within a few days of walking through the doors (luckily i didn't), and I thought I'd be labeled a 'nerd' but surprisingly I was actually seen as kinda sketchy (ask Sol, I'm serious) so thanks for that...
I'll be honest, I don't understand why some people really hate High School with a passion. Yeah test scores and homework sucks, but you gotta admit that we're pretty chill with each other (until you stop dating, oh my gosh)

anyhoo

I might update this post with pictures of everyone so you can see what i'm talking about.

But until then, have a good life.

1 comment:

  1. okay I don't know when you posted this but I was stalking your blog and saw this haha.

    thanks Jake! I'm glad you set aside your pitch fork and decided to trek over to Lone Peak. :)

    ReplyDelete