what ever happened to those days

There's a picture of me that my mom loves, so much so that she had it framed.
I'm in disneyland, looking at the camera, my siblings are on a ride, and im having the time of my life
Wearing a little red mickey mouse hat with the ears sticking off either side

What ever happened to those days

At 6 years old I was more worried about training Charmander than how smart I was in school
At 7 years old I was more worried about being nice than standing up for myself
At 8 years old I was more worried about making friends than keeping them
At 9 years old I was more worried about my cowlick than my twitter account
At 10 years old I was worried.

I haven't been the same since I was around 10 years old
when i started to have problems with social anxiety
and it didn't help that my older brother was my worst enemy
It's been a rollercoaster for a long time
and i dont know when im getting off

I wish we could turn back time, back to when none of this mattered.
I want to be standing in Disneyland with my mom
waiting for my siblings to get out of the teacups
constantly smiling
wearing a little red mickey mouse hat with the ears sticking off either side

5 comments:

  1. it's so interesting to see all the different views on the hat prompt. i love the direction you took this write. this post is about so much more than just hats, but at the same time it's all about that little red mickey hat. so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of all the blogs I think this story about your mom's favorite picture made me feel the most.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the memory you created here. I love the comparison of ages. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Not a whole lot said, yet you managed to capture it all. Wow.

    ReplyDelete